Poached fruit, Greek style yoghurt with Quinoa granola and honey. This is a really delicious and satisfying breakfast that will keep you full until lunchtime. Make this in advance and have to hand for breakfast. It will provide the perfect boost to kickstart your metabolism.Шиферная кровля своими руками
Serve the poached (or fresh) fruit with a good dollop of full fat Greek style yoghurt, then generously sprinkle with some granola and drizzle with honey.
GREEK YOGURT: 1 serving 150g / ⅔ cup = 12g Protein (brands vary)
– it provides twice the filling protein as compared to regular yogurt
– go for full fat versions, these are rich in fat soluble vitamins and the naturally occurring fats will help you stay fuller for longer
QUINOA: Raw 1 serving: 45g / ¼ cup = 6g Protein
– is a ‘pseudo grain’, really a seed,
– low in carbohydrate
– high in fibre
– keeps insulin levels low / regulates blood sugar levels
3 medium dried prunes
1 oz (30 g) dried apricots
Juice from ½ a lemon
2 teaspoons honey for drizzling
Large pinch allspice
1/2 a cinnamon stick (optional)
Greek style yoghurt, honey and FullFillCo Granola to serve (see recipe below)
For the poached fruit
– Cover the prunes and apricots with cold water and leave for several hours with the cinnamon stick.
– Remove the fruit and retain 4 tablespoons of the water it had been soaking it and the cinnamon. Place the fruit in a small saucepan with the 4 tablespoons of water and the cinnamon stick.
– Add the lemon juice and allspice to the fruit; place over a moderate heat and simmer for 10 – 12 minutes.
– Spoon the compote into a serving dish and serve hot, warm or chilled with Greek style yoghurt, granola and honey
FullFillCo Quinoa Granola:
250g quinoa (cooked)
40g coconut flour
100g coarsely chopped almonds
75g unsweetened finely shredded coconut
20g sunflower seeds
20g flax seeds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
60g coconut oil
130g coarsely chopped dried dates
– Preheat oven to 150°C / Gas 6.
– Place the first seven ingredients in a bowl and mix together
– Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt, add to mixture.
– Transfer granola to roasting pan (30cm x 45cm) lined with some parchment.
– Place in the middle of the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and stir the dates into the granola and stir the mixture for an even bake. Place back in the oven and continue to bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden brown. Total baking time is 50 to 60 minutes. Keep a close eye towards the end of baking time as ovens vary.
– Let granola cool completely and store airtight at room temperature.