Eating the right foods frequently, helps to control hunger. Some foods clearly outperform others when it comes to feeling satisfied because they fill your tummy faster and stay there for longer.http://aton-mebel.rupolvam.ru
Dr. Susanna Holt and her team at the University of Sydney developed the ‘Satiety Index’. It ranks foods according to their satisfaction rating. Foods that are more satisfying than white bread are ranked higher and less satisfying are ranked lower.
Here are some interesting findings:
– Boiled potatoes are almost three times more filling than French fries.
– Beans and Lentils are absorbed really slowly and will help you stay fuller for longer.
– Fruits are 1.7 times more satisfying than white bread.
– Proteins and Carbohydrate rich foods deter nibbling. Combining slow digesting carbohydrates (wholegrain breads, pasta, potatoes, etc.) with proteins (eggs, baked beans, etc.) will increase satisfaction levels!
– Apples and oranges are more satisfying than bananas.
– Our bodies don’t recognize fat as fuel, so rather than breaking it down for immediate use, it stores it instead for emergencies. Also, when we eat fat, the body does not tell the brain to cut hunger signals, so we go on wanting more. So, if you’ve had a croissant for breakfast and wondered why you were still hungry a little while later, it’s probably because of this.
– Carbohydrates (brown pasta, potatoes, etc.) raise blood glucose so the body knows it has gotten enough fuel.